안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, February 4, 2016

Changdeokgung Palace (part 2)

...was ready to leave when I spotted another chimney to get myself drawn into.
Right..the sun was shyly shining behind the clouds...when I spotted a chimney...
...kept on walking through the hall over the hall...spread as far as I could see...
The roofs of this particular palace seemed to be the only roofs crammed in one palace..different from what I saw in other palaces in Seoul. I could be wrong, though...
But..boy..oh boy..this section in particular was the only spot that caught my attention far longer than the other sections in the whole palace.
I mean..I could enjoy the intricate designs, the ornaments, the colors, the laid bare red bricks ...the carving on the roof tiles...
This is quite something new for me..since I always thought that the color of red usually dot the whole palace...but I was apparently wrong.
The distinguishable colors of green, red, yellow, pink(?), black...indeed beautified this particular section at Changdeok Palace.
Who would've thought that I'd spent another 30-minute..and counting....again and again..in this particular spot at the palace.
That's nothing sort of new...considering myself as a chimney lover.^^
The quintessential ornament in any palace in Korea. 
Blue skies with friendly clouds...accompanying me continuing my lone journey into the palace lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...