안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, July 3, 2015

All About Food I Encountered Along the Way (From Bogor - Bandung - Jogja - Kediri - Seoul Again)

After spending a 3-hour bus ride from the airport to Bogor, I was so haplessly hungry...and just as I stepped out of the car right in front of home (in Bogor), I smelled irresistible temptation from nasi goreng from a street vendor...^^ Yup, that's one of the utmost happiness of going back home....^^ 
and tempe...yes...yes ..yes..tempe.! plus, Budhe cooked some sayur asem for me to try!
superb!!!! home-made meal!!! 
  
ok..what is it? Oh, this is the fried rice I booked on a train on my trip from Bandung to Jogja.
They made a special vegetarian nasi goreng for me!^^  
Now...in Jogja...the first thing I wanted to have was PIZZA HUT. ㅋㅋㅋ I mean...it's a completely different world since Pizza HUT in Indonesia for Indonesian like me is way more palatable than the one in Korea, of course. ^^ and it's HALAL.^^ 
Still in Jogja....I sampled a long-lost 'friend' called wedhang ronde (a traditional Javanese beverage made of ginger, fermented sticky-rice or glutinous rice-ball, kolang-kaling (gee..I don't know what it is in English), and ground peanuts...well...it sounds so horrible..but not for an average Javanese guy like me...^^ ㅋㅋㅋ 
Then..off I went to my hometown in Kediri, East Java...
The first day..I went to a local market with my Mom. Hmm...devouring myself to the freshness of vegetables.... 
But then...ㅋㅋㅋ....at night..again..I stuck to another temptation of having a pizza. Well..not for me..it's a treat from me to my nieces....^^ ok...a big box of pizza....again...^^ 
Still, in Kediri....I wouldn't have called my going back home a COMPLETE one before sampling the famous SOTO BRANGGAHAN.  
ok..another adventure in devouring myself to all of the street vendor. This one a fresh orange juice. Just for a mere 5,000 Rupiah for each cup, I could quench my thirst. 
oh...gulali....!! I remembered having one of this gulali back then..when I was in my elementary school.
Not..the black one is gulali (a traditional candy made of coconut sugar or we as Javanese call it 'gula Jawa'-Javanese candy).
Oh, the big round ones in front are simply crackers.made from rice-powder.
...and.....another nasi goreng!! oh, the best I had since I stepped my feet in Kediri. 
This one ..thanks to my brother-in-law who insisted me on having a dip into the nasi goreng he liked to eat at Jalan Dhoho (the main thoroughfare in Kediri). Ok..I admitted it. 
 
oh, nanas! pineapples. these ones are called nanas madu 'honey pineapple'. 
Gee..I got to got to climb up Kelud Volcano just to find these fruits. 
Yup..and it's worth it. 
Back home..the 2nd day of Ramadan (I guess), another home-made food. Simple, eh? 
and...oh.. oh ...oh...my Mom bought me a fermented glutinous rice wrapped in a banana leaf. 
yes...it surely had some alcohol in it since it's fermented. zzzzz...ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Gosh...I want to have one again....already. 
ok...it's not something for me since it's mostly made of fish and beef. Yep..abon or beef floss....that my wife asked me to buy for her. ...and..Amplang...a traditional fish-crackers from Kalimantan. The latter is an oleh-oleh (present) from our friend mbak Ulfa (who used to be our neighbor in Seoul before she returned to Indonesia a year ago). 
Back to Jogja..the 5th day of Ramadan.
We're having a breaking-the-fast fiesta at Lombok Ijo (one of the famous Indonesian restaurant chains, in Jogjakarta at least ㅋㅋㅋ). I mean..just look at that..as the name suggested..LOMBOK IJO or green CHILLY....this restaurant serves its signature....SAMBAL or chilly sauce...in traditional way. 
Bon Appetite, Suray. oh..of course, I was not enjoying the chicken, grilled fish etc. Instead....or thank GOD..they have TEMPE and TAHU (tofu) for me to dig in.^^ 
what about this? oh, it's just a simple home-made dish. very humble, right?
my brother-in-law Om DIDIK made the KOLAK (banana mixed in coconut milk)...a kind of dessert or appetizer ....mostly prepared during Ramadan Month. oh, there's ...hmm salad. and tempe again and again. 
Back home to Seoul...dadadaa....Rapukki 라뽁이....hehehe...
savored it with my daughter. 
and..oh...I got a package of fresh PAPRIKA from Gyeongsangbukdo Province...specially delivered by our friend there. 
and...another Ramadan delicacies...a home-made one. None other than 
dawet dan es buah.
Happy Ramadan, Suray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...