안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, September 7, 2014

Busy, eh? Sure...I am. But.it's worth-it

Yes..some of my friends were wondering as to why ...despite the fact that I've been busy with my school work, research, job, family...I still have time for one more thing, i.e. teaching Indonesian migrant workers who are studying at the Indonesia Open University in Korea. Well, that's easy to answer! I've been busy involving myself in lots of endless possibilities wherever I am. 
For the past 1.5 years, I've been teaching our friends, Indonesian migrant workers, at the university. I love them so much since they are the cream of the cream...^^
I mean..they've been working hard during a whole week,even until Saturday night, yet...they decided to use their time on Sundays to study at a university level. 
So...it's been such a privilege to be able among them. The ones who see their future by not only 'pursuing' material gain (money or remittance) they send back home to their loved ones, but also pursuing something else: knowledge.
That's why...thanks to our close association with one of our professors (Prof. Yang Seung Yoon) who happens to be serving his term at the Senior Public Diplomacy Group, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Korea...., we managed  to seal a deal of distributing --I mean..donating books on Korea written in Bahasa Indonesia...written by Indonesian students and scholars...and dedicated to all Indonesian students at this Open University.
I am simply glad that I am a part of it.
it's not much...but at least..that's what we're trying to do to keep on doing our goal of sharing knowledge...wherever and whenever.^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...