안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, August 8, 2014

Almost One Whole Day Spent @ the Consular

It was August 4, 2014..the first day after one-week long Eid-Fitri Holiday. The consular section of Indonesian Embassy was finally opening its service normally again. It was such a coincidence that I got to have my passport extended since it was due on August 4!!!
Well, yes..that happened.
So...without having any prior knowledge on how to extend a soon-to-be expired passport, I got to rush to the embassy only to find that there were lots of people 'thinking' and 'doing' the same thing. Of course, each of them must've got some reasons to go to the consular. 
As for me..I got to wait for..well...4 hours to get my passport renewed.^^
Thank God that it was cloudy and been drizzling a bit....so the AC at the almost-crowded consular waiting room did help a bit to ward off the heat.
Although I got my online reservation and application ready...I was baffled by the fact that I forgot to upload ONE (more) file. DARN!!! :-)
So...my 2.5-hour of waiting was almost going "POOF!!" up away into the sky..I started to imagine...my long-standing moment from the start.
But...luckily..I didn't have to. Some interns at the waiting room helped me sort things out.
Scan the needed document, uploaded it, and sent them to the system provided.
Done.
After a quick session of photo-taking at the designated photo-booth and paying some money for extending my 48-page passport....
I waited for another one hour ..and ended with a BANG of smile!
My passport's extended.^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...