안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, April 19, 2014

An Ad on Subway that Caught My Attention

As usual, being a commuter on subway gives me (at times) an advantage of being able to notice some social changes that are happening right in front of me (Except ...when I am HOOKED into my smartphone!!!!!!!)--which is a terrible habit I got to admit:-)
As someone who loves taking picture, especially on stuffs that I found irresistibly interesting, I would snap out of it right away. LIKE THIS ONE.
wow, I never thought that there would be a public-service ad like this one.
일제감정지 강제동원 피애자: 
(For) the Victims of Forced Mobilization during Japanese Occupation.
위로금 등 지급 신청 접수 연장 
(There is) an extension of application period to receive compensation etc. 
신청기한: 2014년 6월 30일까지
Application Period: Until June 30, 2014
문의사항 /Inquiries: (02)......
대일항쟁기 강제동원 피해조사 지원위원회
A Supporting Committee for Victims of Forced Mobilization during the Struggle Against Japan
( I hope I translate it well).
Anyhow..what I'd like to point out was that...through this ad, I came to realize that there are some people (victims) of Japanese mobilized labors (I wonder if it is the same as that of romusha?労務者? in Indonesia) period in Korea...who are yet to be acknowledged and appropriately supported or touched upon by the government. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...