안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, June 17, 2013

은밀하게,위대하게 'Secretly, Greatly': A -Must-Watch Memorable Korean Movie

If most of my Korean friends are talking about it...so am I.
If most of my Korean friends watched it...so did I.
"My mission in South Korea is to be a neighborhood's stupid boy" That's the tagline of the much talked-about movie in Korea this week (as of writing this entry). The viewers has surpassed 5 millions in a week. 
Kim Su-hyeon (one of Korea's male heartthrobs) is Bang donggu--who pretends to be a mentally-retarded boy who do errands in a local shack-store (슈퍼) owned by a motherly lady who never has the slightest idea that this boy is actually a North Korean spy!! 
First, the main attraction of the movie is--I think--the intriguingly enchanted persona of Kim so-hyeon who looks captivating-ly handsome in TV ads, but ...not in the movie. Well, of course, we cannot (me myself) refrain ourselves from not admiring his chiseled abs and six-packed being thrown out in the movie, but..the main attractiveness of the movie turned out to be...the layers within layers that constitute what or who we are. 
Now, let me take a trailer and put it on here:


It does not matter as to whether you are a spy /an agent from North Korea. We did not care. As the movie comes along the way into its midway, we sort of develop a sense of acquaintance and acceptance towards Kim/Bang's persona. Instead of seeing him as a spy--no matter how hard we tried to--the movies leers us into a wonderful 'trap' of dividing our emotions as to what to do with this 'enchantingly retarded boy'.,
This is, I think-is the prowess of the movie. 
With the trio unbeatable cast( Park Ki Woong, Kim Su Hyeon and Lee Hyeon Woo), now I know the reasons why this movie has attracted lots of viewers this week.
Once again, no matter how North-Korean-ized you are as a spy, after all, you are no different from others, you are simply human who could love and feel emotions.
That's what makes the movie so touching.
The last scene(s) involving the main characters are so memorable.
The last scene with 슈퍼주인 is...also one of the strongly memorable moment of the movie.
I think the movie that deals with a politically sensitive issue of North-South relation...wrapped in a comedy, action, drama movie like this one..
is another proof of well-made Korean movie.
Movie freak: Bring it On. 
Yep, this is another movie-time in-between-final-examination-week.
Crazy, right? 
But..I just could not help it.!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...