안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Gyeongju & Pohang Steel - POSCO trip

A simple-looking yet sumptuous meal--at least for me being a vegetarian. Served fresh with the protein-rich rice. Oh....^^it was my dinner at the hotel..

Now where was I? I was taking the picture of the night we had the last meeting on our November field trip. 
We lit the candles and said our prayers, wishes, remarks, memories, nostalgia, and things we wanted to share...

While holding our candles, we were expressing our thoughts and feeling of what we've been through as a group for one year...

Morning lurked in....and as I was so curios as to where I was staying, I stepped outside of the hotel only to find out this kinda-deserted but-actually-not-since-it-was-still-morning kind of atmosphere...^^

I love Gyeongju. If only this would happen in Seoul at least once a week.^^ hahaha.

Isn't this lovely..since it would cleanse away the pollution for one day--at least...^^See the barren trees on the roadside? Yes, it was late Autumn, no..it was the first days of Winter...

I guess..I was only one among very few people who must have been awake...at that time. Ready to explore the city? I would love to...but...we were not to.


Another angle of the street at Gyeongju during the morning rush-hour (what rush hour? ^^)

Even an alley near the hotel I stayed in...was also like an empty lot. But, hey..I simply loved it since it was so much different from what we have in Seoul.

The morning sun ray was blazing right into the window of my hotel room. I could not stare at it directly of course. So, this is what it turned out as I took the picture. The silhouette looked so amazingly bizarre. 

Another dark-looming projection from the lenses of my camera managed to capture the morning silhouette..

Now...we were in POSCO. One of the world's biggest steel companies. Look at the bright color on one of its buildings. 
Now, the history lessons first. We visited the museum where it all started. It was the real first placate of the company when it was first erected by the late President Park Chung-Hee. 

Even, we could see the rendition of statues of the president and other dignitaries during the inauguration of the company. 
Even, we could see and touch the real company building which was reassembled inside the museum. The facade indeed tells a long worn out history accompanying the company striving for the best.

Oh, another picture of the president Park Chung Hee officially opened the factory.

Another one. I was impressed by the fact that Korea --thanks to his perseverance--managed to build a steel factory although the raw material was not available that much in Korea. In fact, I was so..

flabbergasted with awe....to find the fact that it took a president's rigorous and persistence in realizing the dream of a nation in the making.

It looked like a UFO or stuff like that. Well, it was like an incinerator or kind of thing that became the major part of steel companies. it looked indeed so impressive.

The commemorative mold firstly created by the president to celebrate the first steel-related products from Pohang or POSCO companies at that time.

Pohang City at night. Although I did not experience it directly, I guess what the company gives back to its people surrounding the area was really a worth-mentioning fact. I am sure the people living in Pohang really loves POSCO.

 
Chinmi...in front of the comic or graffiti like wall posted on the POSCO museum office.

Another look at one of the POSCO's sections. The green+the modernity...

Bye - bye...everyone's going back to the bus and ready to another place of fieldtrip.
What I remember most: Natural Resources are limited, but Creativity is NOT.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...